This is a 2-days course. The purpose of this multimodal neuroimaging course is to provide research both clinicians and scientists with an in-depth understanding of the fundamental principles, inherent limitations and clinical applications of the most prominent neuroimaging modalities in the dementia field. MRI and PET together comprehensively probe the molecular, cellular and system-level neurodegenerative changes in the brain.
In order to ensure that participants gain an in-depth appreciation of the commonly used neuroimaging modalities of dementia, lectures will be followed by interactive sessions with titles on dementia, the nervous and brain applied anatomy, pathology of dementia, neuroimaging modalities, MRI & PET physics and protocols, and future of dementia imaging. This workshop is organized by quantitative medical imaging systems group (QMISG), and in close cooperation with Yaadmaan Memory and Cognitive Disorders Clinic.
After completion of this training program, the attendees will be able to:
- Understand The nervous system and brain applied anatomy.
- Learn What is dementia.
- Learn MRI & PET role in Dementia.
- Learn Physiology and pathology of Dementia.
- Understand about MRI & PET physics and protocols for Medical Imaging technologists.
- and understand the Future of Dementia Imaging.
- The nervous system and brain applied anatomy
- Types, symptoms,… of dementia
- NeuroImaging as a diagnostic tool for dementia
- Physiology & Pathology
- MRI & PET physics and protocols
- Quantitative imaging in dementia
- Dementia imaging; conventional methods
- Multi modal imaging in differential diagnosis of dementia
- Radio technologists
- Students and graduates of medical physics
- Students and graduates of medical imaging technology
- Hamidreza Saligheh Rad, Postdoctoral Fellowship from Harvard Medical School and University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Assistant Professor of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Research Deputy of the Research Center for Molecular and Cellular Imaging, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Chairman of the ISMRM Iranian Chapter
- Dr. Maryam Norouzian Neurologist
- Associate Professor of Psychology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Hamidreza Haghighat Khah, Radiologist,
- Associate Professor of Radiology, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences
- Dr. Navid Tawfiqi Rad Radiologist,
- Fellowship of CT Scan and MRI from the USA
- Dr. Fatemeh Mohammadian, Neurologist
- Dr. Vahid Soleimani, pathologist
- Behrooz Rafiei, M.Sc. of Radiology
Date: 8:00 am To 5:00 pm | 97/11/2 – 97/11/1
Location: Keshavarz Blvd., Italia St., between Qods St. and Vesal St., Building No. 41, Azmayeshgah Jame’ Selooli va molculi, second floor, conference room