In 9th Basic MRI course, fundamentals of MR physics, imaging techniques and pulse sequences are explained, beginning with the basic concepts of signal and contrast formation, as well as equipment and hardware necessary to interpret clinical images.
9th Basic MRI course will teach MR technologists and radiologist basics of MR physics necessary to understand their daily clinical practice.
The complementary goal of this course is to provide MR technologists, radiologists and MR physicists with a guide to the clinical world of diagnostic imaging. Therefore, the course content is constantly updated by the state-of-the-art research findings, as MRI science and education is evolving quickly in the world.
After completion of this 3-day intensive training program, the attendees would be able to:
- Understand basics of signal detection, contrast generation and image formation in MRI,
- Understand available state-of-the-art imaging contrast mechanisms for daily use in clinics,
- Understand imaging artifacts, and remedies to reduce them in MRI, and
- Understand practical pulse sequences and their applications in clinics.
- Introduction to the course and the topics
- Basic principles of signal formation in MRI
- Basic principles of contrast mechanisms in MRI
- Basic principles of MR instrumentation
- Basic principles of MR image formation
- Spin-Echo and Gradient-Echo imaging
- Basic principles of MR safety
- Basic principles of clinical practice and patient management
- Basic principles of image optimization
- Basic principles of artifacts in MRI
- Basic principles of MR pathologies in clinics
- Concluding remarks
- Technologists and Radiographers (Students and Graduates)
- Imaging Physicists
- Students and Graduates of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering
- Dr. Hamidreza Saligheh Rad, Postdoctoral Fellowship from Harvard Medical School and University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Assistant Professor of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Research Deputy of the Research Center for Molecular and Cellular Imaging, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Chairman of the ISMRM Iranian Chapter
- Mohammad Fathi, B.Sc. of Radiology
Date: 96/1/30 – 96/2/1
Location: Sari, University complex of the Great Prophet